Super Indie Karts[com.oneleggedseagull.superindiekarts]
Released in March 2015 by One Legged Seagull
v0.61 - March 2017 - 2Player SplitscreenGP! *Scroll down for update info*
Super Indie Karts is a classic retro 16-bit style karting game, with Time Trials, Grand Prix, and Battle Modes!
The game was KickStarted in 2014, as part of OUYA's Free the Games Fund, with a 2yr development cycle. Super Indie Karts now features over 30 characters and 32 racetracks to play in Grand Prix and Time Trials modes, and 3 battle arenas in BattleMode. More play modes, characters, and features will be added as more and more updates to the game are planned.
More info on the game:
Play with a varied mix of super Indie Game crossover characters in some super Indie Game themed tracks!
Indie Crossovers include:
Whispering Willows - Fist Of Awesome - Read Only Memories - Lobodestroyo - Canabalt - Duck Game - So Many Me - Toto Temple Deluxe - Aegis Defenders - Adventures Of Pip - Gentlemen Ricochet - A.R.E.S. - Holobunnies - Clive'N'Wrench - Shutshimi - CrossCode - Power Drive 2000 - Teslagrad - Freedom Planet - Runbow - Guacamelee! - and many more to come!
With 3 speed classes, plus mirror mode, there's plenty of achievements and unlocks to keep you drifting and burning pixel rubber 'till the sun goes down.
== RECENT UPDATES
*Update v0.61* - March 2017
- added SplitscreenGP to game modes list (2Player)
- added a Vertical/Horizontal splits option to SplitscreenGP
- added punchier avatar changes in the 4 race position HUD avatars
- fixed costume change arrows sometimes showing up on wrong players character
*Update v0.51* - June 2016
Simply the biggest update Super Indie Karts has had to date!
- major changes:
- introducing 20(!) "VR-trax" race tracks - glimpses of the future
- 12 of which are brand new tracks, the other 8 are VR redesigns of the original "World Cup" tracks
- Teamed up with DreamFiend to add some amazing Synthwave music to the VR-Trax races
Keep on drifting on!